- Oportunidades de traballo no grupo de investigación de Optimización e Control Óptimo no Centro de Matemática Aplicada da Universidade de Bremen (Alemaña)
- Oferta de contrato postdoc en Xeoestatística e vixiancia da saúde na KAUST
- Oferta de traballo no BCAM
- Curso Estatística Avanzada con ‘R’ para Profesionais da Saúde
- Feliz 200 aniversario de Florence Nightningale
The 119th European Study Group with Industry will take place from June 27th to July 1st 2016 in Porto, Portugal.
This meeting is one of the European Study Groups with Industry and will bring together several academics with a large experience in industrial mathematics to tackle problems that the leading industries are facing.
These events provide the industry with the insights, expertise and input of researchers from different disciplines and with various experiences.
Using mathematical modeling, the participants work collaboratively in addressing the problems posed by the companies and suggesting techniques of their expertise that may lead to a solution and therefore contribute to the technological progress.
The meeting begins on Monday morning, when Industrial Problems are presented by the companies’ representative. This is followed by academic researchers forming brainstorming groups for each problem. During the week, the groups work on each problem. Mathematical models are formulated, analytical and computational techniques applied and recommendations formulated. On Friday morning, problem-solving teams make presentations of their models and results to all participants and companies. Afterwards, each team prepares a short written report of their progress, with special emphasis on end-user applications.
Further information: ESGI2016